Terms of Services contactlenses.je
Terms and Conditions of Service
- In these Terms and Conditions: "contactlenses.je" is a trading name for Optical Services (Jersey) Limited, trading on the internet at www.contactlenses.je. "We" / "Us" / "Our" refers to contactlenses.je, "You" / "Yours" refers to the Customer. Jersey company number: 74831. Registered office and factory: Haut de L'Orme, Rue de Haut de L'Orme, Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5FP. Tel 01534-826050 email accounts at opticalservices.je
Orders for Goods
- Orders to contactlenses.je must be submitted via the web at www.contactlenses.je. A £10.00 customer service fee will apply to orders placed over the phone, or in person at our factory, or at our shop at 9 Esplanade, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3QA. Orders submitted via internet terminals in showrooms outside the Bailiwick of Jersey operated by Onespecs (UK) Limited or any other Company are orders submitted via the web.
- When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of the goods. we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order and have begun processing it (or if you order in person hand you a written confirmation/receipt), and that a contract has been made between us.
- Orders for optical appliances, including contact lenses and prescription spectacles are only accepted by us once the required payment has been received from the third party payment processor by our bankers AND your order has been reviewed and authorised by a Registered Optician.
- Orders for non prescription items, e.g. sunglasses or frames without prescription lenses are only accepted by us once the required payment has been received from the third party payment processor by our bankers or when the relevant goods are shipped, whichever occurs first.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to supply the goods or a similar alternative of equivalent value, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will endeavour to advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance and processing of your order (or if you order in person we won't have handed you a written confirmation/receipt), and there will be no contract between us.
- To order prescription glasses and contact lenses a valid prescription is required. For prescription glasses transactions this should be dated within the last two years. For contact lenses it should not have expired, and in deciding whether or not it has expired, you should refer to the prescription for the expiry date. If there is no expiry date, the prescription should be dated within 2 years.
- If you are not resident in the Bailiwick of Jersey, Jersey law does not require that you provide us with a copy of your prescription when ordering, however if there is an irregularity with the prescription entered, we may request a copy for the purposes of verification before your order is manufactured and/or despatched. Jersey residents will normally be contacted by email so that their prescription can be verified in accordance with the Opticians Registration (Jersey) Law prior to their order being dispatched (or if you order in person we will need you to show us a copy of your prescription).
- When purchasing contact lenses by placing your order you confirm that you are happy with your current prescription, that you have not been told to stop wearing contact lenses, and that you are not overdue for professional aftercare.
- By submitting your order to contactlenses.je for optical appliances i.e. contact lenses or prescription spectacles you confirm: (a) You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted; (b) You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles (or written specification for your contact lenses) that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over); (c) You will supply accurate details of your current prescription / contact lens specification (including any notes on the prescription) when requested. If any of these conditions are not satisfied your order must be placed in person.
Prices and Payment
- Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted by us to Jersey Post Limited under the Memorandum Of Understanding with UK HMRC, and otherwise are exclusive of VAT and GST. Orders from countries other than the UK may be subject to customs charges and VAT in the countries concerned. We are not registered for VAT or GST. We do not and can not provide a VAT invoice acceptable to your accountant / HMRC VAT inspector. If you are UK VAT registered and wish to purchase items costing less than GBP270 for your business, please contact us by telephone.
- Prices for prescription spectacles and contact lenses are inclusive of a dispensing fee of 12.50 to 35.00 or up to 40% of the total order value which shall be detailed on your invoice and which is VAT exempt.
- We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated on our website or communicated to you in person. However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, the Registered Optician reviewing and authorising your Order will notify you of the error before your order is accepted by us. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
- We use HSBC, SagePay and PayPal as our secure third party payment acquirers. Please refer to their policies regarding the security of any data you provide to them.
- When you make payment for an order, our payment acquirers screen the payment data provided to reduce fraud. If the fraud score of your tranaction warrants it, we may contact you for additional verification and/or despatch your order to your billing address rather than any other address you have selected as a delivery address. We will endeavour to contact you in such circumstances prior to despatch.
Limitations of Supply
- We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the exact Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund. Where budget optical frames and low priced items are involved, we reserve the right to supply as an alternative the most similar item from our collection, since the price you will have paid doesn't warrant the level of work involved in offering you the choice of an alternative.
- On the advice of our Registered Opticians, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order. If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, contactlenses.je's Registered Opticians have absolute discretion: (a) to contact you to discuss your Order, and provide advice; (b) to request that you send us a copy of your written prescription; (c) to contact directly, or request that you contact / give permission for us to contact, the optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription; (d) to request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician; (e) to request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician or that you have another eye examination
Your right to cancel
- Under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007, at any point from the time of ordering until seven working days after delivery you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of goods EXCEPT: (a) goods (including prescription spectacles and made to order contact lenses) that are customised to your individual requirements / prescription (b) goods that by reason of their nature (including .hygiene reasons) cannot be returned (e.g. opened damaged or marked boxes of mass produced contact lenses).
- If we've already shipped your order, and it's not excluded from your right to cancel, you'll need to package the items and send them back to us at our registered address above. Please see our returns policy for full details on dealing with returns. If we don't receive the item back from you, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost. We will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that order as soon as possible, and in any case within 30 days after we receive your notification.
- If you order goods from us in person and wish to cancel, we may at our absolute discretion accept your cancellation, however no credit/refund will be available for goods (including prescription spectacles and made to order contact lenses) that are customised to your individual requirements / prescription.
Delivery and Carriage
- We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order. Please refer to the relevant product page (or if you ordered in person your written confirmation/receipt) for estimated order processing times. Stock availability and manufacturing issues may sometimes mean that certain orders take a little longer, particularly where spectacle or contact lenses are made to order or have to be sent for special treatments coatings etc. We will endeavour to keep you informed of the consequences of such delays, but in the case of delay in producing your order, you shall not have the right to repudiate the contract until 28 days after the latest estimated delivery date (based on written confirmation/receipt or the relevant product page).
- You will be notified by email or other method agreed with when your Goods are dispatched or ready for collection. Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order. If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected. In the case of non delivery, please note that Jersey Post will not accept any requests for investigation and confirmation of non-delivery until items are considered lost in accordance with their consumer code which states that Items posted to the UK are not considered lost for 15 days after the date of posting and International items are not considered lost for 25 days after the date of posting. If either contactlenses.je or Jersey Post/Royal Mail is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery. If you requested to collect goods in person at the time of ordering, we will keep them available for collection during normal business hours as agreed with you, but if after a reasonable time you have not collected the goods, we shall post them to you at the last address you gave us.
Minor Imperfections and Consumable Components
- Spectacle frames are mass produced and may include minor cosmetic imperfections which do not affect their function. Designer or handmade frames that cost 10-15 times more may be more free of minor imperfections. Glazing screws and temple screws on frames will have screw lock applied, but by their nature may come loose from time to time. Nosepads and temple tips are consumable items and may require replacement from time to time, and by their nature need to be soft and therefore are liable to be more fragile and subject to wear and tear which may differ from individual user to individual user. Scratch resistant lenses are not scratch proof. Impact resistant lenses are not shatterproof. We will therefore not accept returns of frames on the basis of issues with screws nosepads or temple tips, or lenses on the basis of chips, scratches or breakage, since such issues do not represent an inherent fault but merely an anticipated consequence of normal wear and tear.
- Mass produced contact lenses by nature of their manufacture sometimes have minor imperfections which may affect the use of a small percentage of the lenses. No more than 5% of lenses in an individual box should be imperfect. Should you wish to raise an issue in relation to imperfections in mass produced contact lenses, we will require the batch number from the boxes.
- We offer a 14 day satisfaction guarantee on almost everything we sell. Your statutory rights are not affected. Should you wish to exchange or return an item, please visit us in person or contact us at hello at contactlenses.je before sending the item back to us. We cannot issue returns authorisation by telephone. Goods returned should include all packaging and be in unworn, undamaged and saleable condition. You are responsible for the postage costs involved in returning the items to us. Items returned for exchange will not normally incur a restocking fee.
- PLEASE NOTE EXCEPTIONS: We can accept returns of unopened, unmarked boxes of contact lenses only. Items returned for a refund will incur a restocking fee equivalent to the original amount paid for postage and packaging or 4.95, whichever is the greater. Items returned for exchange or modification will incur a 4.95 processing fee. Made to order (SURFACED) prescription spectacle lenses (because they have been produced to your individual requirements), cannot be refunded, and will incur a 50% restocking fee if exchanged. VARIFOCAL GLASSES can be exchanged within 30 days to either bifocals or two pairs of glasses valued up to the original price paid, if greater value pay the difference, if lesser value no refund of difference will be given.
- We are based in Jersey, Channel Islands, which is not a part of the United Kingdom, and your contract is therefore subject to Jersey Law. By placing your order you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jersey courts in the event of any dispute. We comply with the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 and the Supply of Goods and Services (Jersey) Law 2009. By placing an order for optical appliances, i.e. made to order contact lenses or prescription spectacles, you acknowledge that they are customised to your individual requirements and therefore fall outside the scope of the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 and that your right to cancel is affected. By placing an order for optical appliances, i.e. mass produced contact lenses, you acknowledge that by opening marking or damaging the boxes in any way, that you have accepted all of the contact lenses in that box, and that opened boxes of contact lenses are goods that by reason of their nature (including hygiene reasons) cannot be returned, and therefore fall outside the scope of the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 and that your right to cancel is affected.
Copyright and Trademarks
- The Site's design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, contactlenses.je. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of contactlenses.je. The "contactlenses.je" name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of contactlenses.je.